Department of Computer Science, National Chiao Tung University
DCP 1186 Introduction to Digital Signal Processing
Time of Offering: Fall Term, 2011
Level: Selective for CS undergraduate Students
Wen-Hsiao Peng (彭文孝), Ph.D.
Office: EC431 (工三館 431)
Room : EIC 704 (電子資訊大樓)
Tuesdays from 9:00am to 9:50am (2B)
Fridays from 13:30pm to 15:20pm (5EF)
ED 102 (工四館)
Discrete-Time Signal Processing, 3rd Edition, by A.V. Oppenheim and R.W. Schafer, Prentice Hall, 2010.
Lecture Notes by Prof. Hsueh-Ming Hang (杭學鳴), NCTU EE.
Password is required for accessing the lecture notes and will be announced during the lectures.
1. Discrete-Time Signals and Systems (Chaps. 1 & 2) 1.5wks
2. z-Transform (Chap. 3) 1.5wks
3. Sampling (Chap. 4) 1.5wks
4. Transform Analysis of LTI Systems (Chap. 5) 1.5wks
5. Structures for Discrete-Time Systems (Chap. 6 1st half) 1wk
6. Filter Design (Chap. 7) 2.5wks
7. Discrete Fourier Transform (Chap. 8) 1.5wks
8. Computation of DFT (Chap. 9) 1.5wks
9. Structures for Discrete-Time Systems (Chap. 6 2nd half) 1wk
Mid-term 35% (Closed Book, Nov. 11)
Final 45% (Closed Book, Jan. 13)
Tuesdays/Fridays after the lectures in EC431.
Other time slots are also possible by appointments beforehand.
Sep. 30 (5FF) – Ph.D. exam, Hsinchu, TW
Nov. 6 to 9 (2B) – IEEE VCIP Conference, Tainan, TW
Nov. 23 to Dec. 2 (5FF, 2B, 5FF) – MPEG/JCT-VC Meeting, Geneva, CH
Connection with Other Courses